Saturday, November 1, 2014

My First Blog!

I wanted, in my inaugural blog, to address a question I've been asked many times over the last few months.  Why the name change of our office from my name to Boulevard Family Dentistry?  The answer is really set in the past.  I've been here in this office since late 1977 and it's really an update of who I am.  In fact, at almost 40 years it's by far the oldest dental practice in Elk Grove with the same primary practitioner.  We have a  hygienist that has been with us for almost 35 years and several staff with well over 20 years of service to the community of Elk Grove. We've been through the gas crisis and drought of the 70's, the recession of the 80's, the market boom and bust of the 90's, the housing burst of the 2000's, the financial breakdown of 2008 and Obama care.  All that time we have been providing high quality care to our huge family of patients.  That's a record that I cherish and look forward to continuing for years to come.  Unfortunately, we all do get older and as I gradually approach Medicare age I have to admit that despite the fact that I have no immediate intention of retiring I have cut down to only 50 hours per week at the office.  Therefore, 20 years from now when I pass by the office, if I am going to see our patients being cared for with the same level of care that I have come to expect a name change is necessary.  As Dr. Naten and other young dentists take my place we need continuity, so that all of our patients will see that although the names of the dentists may change, the care they receive will be the same as it's been since 1977. 
For more information visit http://boulevardfamilydentistry.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment