Thursday, November 5, 2015

In Memorial

I wanted to take a moment to let all of my readers kn ow that my family suffered a huge loss a few weeks ago on my wife's and my 43rd anniversary.  Our lifelong companion and dear friend Pudge passed away while trying to get to the vet for emergency treatment.  Pudge was almost 13 years old and was diagnosed by her cardiologist with a cancerous tumor above her heart two weeks ago and given only a few months to live.  Unfortunately, her cancer was not treatable either by surgery, radiation or chemotherapy, thus we knew her time with us was limited.  Unfortunately, as many of you know, I have been blessed with a photographic memory which has served me well in Dentistry but it is torture for me now seeing Pudge laboring for breath as she passed away in Karen's arms over and over again.  Pudge was the alpha female of our family and ruled over our other four Corgi's even at the very end of her life.  You had to respect her tenacity, brashness and ability to bring a smile to the face of anyone she met.  Her demeanor was equally exquisite with infants, toddlers, small children as well as geriatric patients at care centers.  Karen and I often wondered how we were blessed with such a wonderful companion.  She was truly one of a kind and we miss her terribly.  She left her paw prints on our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment